Ant Law - Guitar
James Maddren - drums
Tom Farmer - bass
British guitarist Ant lives in London and leads his own group, dubbed “An exciting band to hear live" by John Fordham. In 2013 their debut 'Entanglement' (33Jazz) was released to great acclaim, followed by 'Zero Sum World' (Whirlwind Recordings) in 2015 and 'Life I Know' (Edition Records) in 2018. This release was very warmly received by the press, receiving 5 star reviews, making numerous “best of 2018" lists, receiving airplay in the UK, Europe, Australia, and hundreds of thousands of plays (and counting) on Spotify. It is being described as “career-defining". The next chapter has begun with the release of “The Sleeper Wakes” (Edition Records) on July 24th.
Instructions for audience members - please read
Welcome back to the Vortex. Please note that we’ve implemented the following changes to our systems to make the club as Covid-safe as we can:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales. There will be twenty tickets only onsale for each gig.
- If you want to sit together as a household/bubble we would ask that one person books all the tickets for the group. If you book separately you may be seated separately.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We will ask you on entry to provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace. If possible please bring your own pen to write down the details.
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken at tables ONLY via the Butlr app. We are sorry but for the time being no hot drinks will be available.
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- We are cashless – we accept contactless payments only, and all drinks can only be purchased through the Butlr app
- We ask everyone to observe social distancing at all times. One metre social distancing will operate in the club space, with mitigations as detailed in the risk assessment which is available on the website.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.