Ivo Neame – piano
Tom Farmer – bass
James Maddren – drums
Over the last ten years, Ivo Neame has led ensembles that have performed all over Europe at notable jazz festivals and venues. The music is an exploration of contrast and represents an ongoing quest to house multiple styles and influences under one roof. This varied mix of sonic landscapes springs from a desire to find emotional resonances with audiences in as many ways as possible. The styles of the pieces range from serene, calm and reflective atmospheres to intense, high-octane polyrhythmic grooves. Improvising is at the heart of the band’s approach to dealing with all these musical structures, thus ensuring the fresh uniqueness of each performance.
‘That is what Neame does: write original, accessible, sometimes beautifully melodic, or truly exciting material for his terrific band, as well as being a brilliant piano improviser himself.’
(Londonjazznews.com)INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome back to the Vortex. Please note that we’ve implemented the following changes to our systems to make the club as Covid-safe as we can:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales. There will be twenty tickets only onsale for each gig.
- If you want to sit together as a household/bubble we would ask that one person books all the tickets for the group. If you book separately you may be seated separately.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We will ask you on entry to provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace. If possible please bring your own pen to write down the details.
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken at tables. We are sorry but for the time being no hot drinks will be available.
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- We are cashless – we accept contactless payments only.
- We ask everyone to observe social distancing at all times. One metre social distancing will operate in the club space, with mitigations as detailed in the risk assessment which is available on the website.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.