Piera Onacko - Piano
Benedict Muirhead - Bass guitar
Maxim Tomlinson - Drum kit
Alicia Gardener-Trejo - Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone
Juggenaught are a Birmingham based Quartet, led by upcoming pianist Piera Onacko. Incorporating soundscapes and open passages with heavy grooves and structured bass lines, the band draw from avant-garde and experimental influences to create a visceral ensemble sound.
Following appearances including Cheltenham, Lancaster and Marsden Jazz Festivals, Spice of Life and Symphony Hall, Juggenaught are continuing to make a name for themselves on the UK jazz scene. Early 2022 will bring a new EP featuring the recent addition of baritone saxophone to the band.
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
"I have heard Juggenaught on several occasions and love both Piera's compositions and the way the band interacts with each other." - Tony Dudley-Evans, Programme Adviser, BMusic/Cheltenham Jazz Festival
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We also ask audience members to do a lateral flow test on the day of the gig and only attend if it's negative. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll issue a refund.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.