Steve Marshall - Piano, Voice
Mikele Montolli - Double Bass
Saleem Raman - Drums
Led by singer and pianist Steve Marshall and featuring rising stars of the London jazz scene Mikele Montolli and Saleem Raman, State of Emergency’s ‘RushHour’ presents new interpretations of jazz, R&B and Caribbean classics plus original compositions, experiments and improvisations.
Steve Marshall was co-founder of Pyramid, the seminal Dalston arts centre and music school, and has worked with such diverse musical talents as Clifford Jarvis, Lee “Scratch” Perry, George Clinton and Keith Richards. 2xGrammy nominated as a producer in the category ‘Best Reggae Album’ Steve is currently touring as an original artist in his own right.
The ‘RushHour’ project also involves online events, panels, an educational programme and a new composition initiative featuring contributions from the likes of original Jazz Warriors Alan Weekes, Kenrick Rowe and Michael ‘Bammi’ Rose. ‘RushHour’ is supported by PRS Foundation Open Fund and MHCLG/Near Neighbours. For further information, music and films visit: www.stateoftrust.net/windrush-hourINSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.