Admission and performer information:
- On-line or by phone at a circa 10% discount via Ticketweb. Audience members should bring email confirmation/I.D. to the event.
- In person: on the door at each event from 6.45pm (full price cash/cheque).
- For all concerts admission is free to under-16s and full-time students (subject to availability). I.D. will be requested. Tickets are not required.
- An individual great value season ticket gaining entry to all concerts costs just £55 and can be purchased directly from Thames Concerts email@example.com.
- St Andrew’s Church is wheelchair accessible and accompanying carers are admitted free (carer tickets not required).
- It is not necessary to book tickets for the Farmers' Market Day morning coffee concerts but voluntary donations are gratefully accepted.
Claire Martin and Ian Shaw
These internationally-renowned singers present their Early Xmas Cracker, an eclectic musical mix for the season.
These two BBC award-winners and leading jazz singers bring their hugely popular annual seasonal offering for this exclusive performance in the series. A show packed with winter warmers and classic songs from both the jazz and pop canons; expect 1930s New York, 1940s Xmas cinema evergreens, the gloss of Fifties Hollywood (Nat Cole, Doris Day, Eartha Kitt), the celebrated 1960s Brill Building (Carol King, James Taylor) to the darker spirits of the more contemporary writers (The Pogues, Nick Cave, Joni Mitchell).
Claire and Ian are also both celebrated radio broadcasters and their easy anecdotal stagecraft makes for an often hilarious, yet moving experience of great music. They have both toured the world in an array of musical formats, from their individual work with their own smaller ensembles, to performing with some of the most celebrated orchestras of the world. Tonight however, it is their twenty-year duo format that makes this such a unique and intimate show. Ian is delighted to be returning to the beautiful St Andrew’s Church in Surbiton as part of this wonderful concert series and to perform with his great friend Claire Martin in their Xmas Special.
“unmissable” The Independent
“a rare delight….simply the finest” Time Out