Trish Clowes - saxophone
Chris Montague - guitar
Ross Stanley - organ
Trish Clowes is joined by her friends Chris Montague and Ross Stanley for a special night of music, including some favourite tunes and original material from each of the band.
Saxophonist and composer Trish Clowes has been described as “an improviser to be reckoned with” (Downbeat Magazine) and “one of the most agile and original jugglers of improv and adventurous composition to have appeared in the UK in recent times” (John Fordham, the Guardian). A BASCA British Composer Award winner and former BBC Radio 3 New Generation Artist, Clowes has received critical acclaim for all of her album releases, and has made broadcasts for BBC 2 Proms Extra, BBC Radio 3 and Radio Bremen. Her band MY IRIS (with Stanley, Montague and James Maddren) have toured worldwide and been hailed as “the jazz of the future” (Augsburger Allgemeine). Recent commissions include writing for the London Sinfonietta, BBC Postcards from Composers, and BBC Concert Orchestra.
Instructions for audience members - please read
Welcome back to the Vortex. Please note that we’ve implemented the following changes to our systems to make the club as Covid-safe as we can:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales. There will be twenty tickets only onsale for each gig.
- If you want to sit together as a household/bubble we would ask that one person books all the tickets for the group. If you book separately you may be seated separately.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We will ask you on entry to provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace. If possible please bring your own pen to write down the details.
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken at tables. We are sorry but for the time being no hot drinks will be available.
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- We are cashless – we accept contactless payments only.
- We ask everyone to observe social distancing at all times. One metre social distancing will operate in the club space, with mitigations as detailed in the risk assessment which is available on the website.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.